Pet Adoptions in League City
Happy, Healthy Pets for Local Forever Homes
Occasionally, Animal Kingdom Pet Hospital cares for animals that, for whatever reason, need to find a new home. Regardless of the circumstances through which these animals come to us, we make sure they’re healthy before we offer them up for adoption. We encourage all members of the League City community to adopt animals into their family rather than purchasing pets from a breeder. By adopting a pet, you’re giving an animal a fresh start and a new chance at a happy, healthy life.
Reasons to Adopt
- You’ll be a lifesaver. According to the Humane Society, over one million cats and dogs are euthanized instead of being adopted in the United States. If more people considered adopting pets instead of buying them, less pets would be euthanized, and shelters would be able to take more animals in need.
- Adopted animals are great pets. Just because a pet has ended up in a shelter or rescue doesn’t mean they won’t make a great pet. Many pets in shelters and rescues are happy and healthy and just need a family to love them.
- Adoption saves you money. Most shelters will cover the cost of your new pet’s spay or neuter procedure and vaccinations in your pet’s adoption fee. Pets from breeders often come at a premium and may not include any of these benefits.
- You’ll be fighting puppy mills and unhealthy breeding practices. Many puppies that you can buy from a pet store, online seller, or even a flea market are often from a puppy mill. These are breeding facilities that basically function like factories, which do not care about the welfare of the dogs they are breeding. By adopting, you will avoid letting these businesses profit off the mistreatment of animals.
- Shelter or rescue animals are often already housetrained. It’s often the case that animals who end up in shelters are already housetrained, which means you’re saving time, money, and energy by adopting an already trained pet. You’ll be able to enjoy your pet right away!
- Pets are good for you. No, really! Pets have been shown to be emotionally, psychologically, and physically beneficial to their human companions. Plus, when you adopt a pet, you get that extra good feeling of knowing you helped a pet in need.
- Adoption helps other animals too. By adopting your pet, you’ll be making space for other pets who need a second chance to find a home too.
- You’ll make your new pet very happy. Adopting a homeless animal will change not only their life, but your life as well. You’ll have a new best friend by your side for years to come!
Have questions about adopting from Animal Kingdom Pet Hospital? Looking for more information about currently adoptable pets? Please don’t hesitate to give us a call at (281) 506-0766 or by contacting us online.
If you are looking for a professional, caring veterinary office this is the place.- Lynn Kershaw Smith
Treated Like Family- Maryann Pedregon
Caring & Understandable- Jen P.
Completely Satisfied- Josie Perales
THANK YOU ALL FOR BEING SO KIND!- Lorrie S
We Offer House Calls for Your Convenience
We Treat All Kinds of Pets Including Exotic Animals
Family Friendly, Compassionate & Professional Atmosphere
High-Quality Veterinary Medical Care Since 2006