Avian Grooming Services
Animal Kingdom Pet Hospital (AKPH) offers nail trims and dremeling, wing trims that allow your bird to glide, and beak trims, if needed.
If your birds beak is growing improperly, it is an excellent idea to get an exam to try and figure out the cause of the overgrowth or malocclusion/misalignment. In these cases, beak reshaping may be necessary.
We also offer band removal services during examinations.
We have a state-of-the-art boarding facility. Although, we prefer that the animal’s original habitat be brought to the clinic for boarding to reduce stress. We offer short and long-term boarding. We have experienced technicians and handlers
to care for your family pet’s every need.
Be sure to make your reservations for the holidays in advance as we can fill up quickly.
Comprehensive Physical Exams
Whether you are coming in for an annual exam or your pet is just not feeling well,
all our patients get a thorough exam from our highly trained staff. More
specific exams include:
- Basic Habitat requirements
- Emergency exams
- Intestinal Parasite evaluation
- Natural Flora Evaluation (Birds only)
- Nutrition counseling
We can also provide exotic animal sexing services. Depending on species, this can be performed by physical examination or upon blood work.
We offer dental exams for all our small animals. These services include:
- Cutting/trimming teeth (Rats, Rabbits, Hamsters, Guinea Pigs, and Mice)
- Teeth reshaping (Hamsters and Guinea Pigs)
Sometimes these procedures can be done without the use of anesthesia but in the case that anesthesia is necessary, blood work is recommended prior to going under anesthesia.
General Surgical Procedures
Our veterinarians are experienced in providing specialized care and treatment for exotic companion animals. We understand their unique health needs and can provide diagnostic, therapeutic, and surgical services. These include:
- Egg Binding (Reptiles and Avians)
- Eye Enucleation (Common with Hedgehogs)
- Fracture Repairs (All Species)
- Laceration Repairs (All Species)
- Ovariohysterectomy(Spay) & Neuter (all small animals and primates)
- Rectal prolapse correction (Most frequently Reptiles and Avians)
- Splenectomy (Common with ferrets)
- Tumor Removal (All Species)
We offer house call services to our clients for many services. Whether you have multiple pets that need exams or your pet is physically unable to make it to the clinic, we can help.
At home euthanasia services are also available.
Please call the clinic at 281-554-7200 for more information or to schedule a house call.
In House Diagnostics
We have special in-house diagnostic equipment that allow us to get a better diagnosis on our exotic pets. These include:
- Blood Chemistry Analyzer
- Comprehensive Blood Count
- Digital Radiography
- Electrolyte Analyzer
- Gram Staining and Cytology